M12 PCB mount connector is also called PCB M12 bulkhead connector , it's one type of M12 connector that needs to soldered to PCB, it's M12 bulkhead connector, mostly installed back of the bulkhead, with locking screws in front of the bulkhead.
The straight type M12 PCB mount connector have contacts with different diamter at end, the thinner part will get through the solder pad with hole, and solder at other side of the PCB. The thicker part of the contact couldn't get through the hole, and support the M12 PCB mount connector on the surface of the PCB.
So the hole in the pad should be smaller than the thicker part of the contact, and be smaller than the thinner part of the contact.
Accord to the installation direction, the M12 PCB mount connector can be sorted to straight M12 PCB mount connector and right angle M12 PCB mount connector , the above picture is straight M12 connector PCB mount.
Straight M12 PCB mount connector
The pin direction of the straight M12 PCB mount connector is vertical with the PCB, it can be all the coding types, and all pins of each coding type, such as A coded (2 pin , 3 pin , 4 pin , 5 pin , 6 pin , 8 pin ,12 pin , 17 pin ), B cdoed(4 pin , 5 pin) , C coded ( 3 pin , 4 pin , 5 pin , 6 pin) D coded ( 4 pin ), X coded ( 8 pin ) , Y coded ( 6 pin , 8 pin) , S coded ( 2 pin , 3 pin , 4 pin ) , T coded ( 2 pin , 3 pin , 4 pin ) , K coded ( 2 pin , 3 pin , 4 pin , 5 pin ) , L coded ( 2 pin , 3 pin , 4 pin , 5 pin ) , M coded L coded ( 2 pin , 3 pin , 4 pin , 5 pin , 6 pin ) .
Installation Precautions of straight M12 PCB Mount Connector
The M12 PCB mount connector have some things to be noticed before installation:
- Right PCB drawing ：The connector from different manufacturer may have difference, that means this PCB drawing may not fit other brand connector . So before install the M12 PCB mount connector , make sure to have the right PCB drawing from manufacturer.
- Right distance between the PCB and bulkhead : As it has to be mounted to the bulkhead, and it's back mounted, the distance between the bulkhead and O-ring of the M12 PCB mount connector should not be too close, and not be too far, the bulkhead must be close to the waterproof O- ring. After the locking screws are installed in front of the panel, the waterproof rubber ring can be pressed to achieve a waterproof effect. If too close, the bulkhead will be stucked, if too far, the O-ring would be pressed, and waterproof function would be affected. The best way is to install the connector first, and fix the position of PCB.
Right angle M12 PCB mount connector
The above picture shows 3 different type right angle M12 PCB mount connector , as we can see from the picture, the pin direction is in parallel with the PCB.
The above picture shows disassemblied X coded M12 PCB mount connector, the insulator and metal shell could be seperated.
The distance between the right angle M12 PCB mount connector and the bulkhead is also very important to insure the connector could work normally.
Sorted by coding type, there are :
- Right angle 2 pin , 3 pin , 4 pin , 5 pin , 6 pin , 8 pin , 12 pin , 17 pin M12 A coded PCB connector
- Right angle 5 pin M12 B coded PCB connector
- Right angle 4 pin M12 D coded PCB connector
- Right angle 8 pin M12 X coded PCB connector
S coded , T coded , L coded , M coded , K coded currently we don't have right angle M12 PCB mount connector .