What is M12 4 pole A coded connector ?
M12 4 pole A coded is M12 connector A coding type with 4 pins, it's circular waterproof connector which had been widely used for sensor connector cables in automation field. As we can see from the picture, M12 4 pole A coded could be different types M12 connector :
- M12 4 pole A coded molded connector female or male
- M12 4 pole A coded assembly connector male or female
- M12 4 pole A coded square female socket
- M12 4 pole A coded to RJ45 adapter
- Straight molded M12 4 pole A coded plug
- Back mount M12 4 pole A coded socket
- M12 4 pole A coded Y type adapter
- M12 4 pole A coded plastic assembly plug
There are other types M12 4 pole A coded connectors from different manufacture.
Difference between M12 4 pole A coded with B coded , C coded , D coded
M12 4 pole connector sorted by coding type, could be A coded , B coded , C coded and D coded , from the above pinout of M12 4 pole connector , we can see that connectors with different coding type couldn't mate with each other , as the pinout of the A B C D coding are different.
M12 4 pole A coded molded plug VS M12 4 pole A coded assembly plug
Advantage of molded M12 4 pole A coded connector
- Pre-formed to reduce installation time
- Injection molding with cable, avoid waterproof problems caused by poor assembly
- More suitable for mass production and installation
- More cost-effective than assembly in the case of large quantities
Disadvantage of molded M12 4 pole A coded connector
- Long delivery time
- Only with PA material housing, not strong enough for some application
- Couldn't be repaired while have problem
Advantage of assembly M12 4 pole A coded connector
- Could be installed in field, convinent and save time
- Have PA housing or metal housing for option, could work for much worse environment
- Could disassembly if wrong connected, save cost
- Much fast and cost-effective for small quantity application
- Save shipping cost, as the molded ones with cable is very heavy
Disadvantage of assembly M12 4 pole A coded connector
- High labor cost especially for Europe countries and US
- The waterproof protection may have problem if the assembler is not professional
Application of cable connector M12 4 pole A coded
M12 4 pole A coded belongs to M12 A code connector, the M12 A coding type have 2pin , 3pin , 4pin , 5pin , 6pin , 8pin , 12pin , 17pin for option , 4 pole A coded M12 connector is one of the most hot selling.
The 4 pole A code M12 connector had been widely used power connect and industrial sensors, but as the rated current is not very big, the M12 4 pole A coded connector had been replaced by T coded M12 connector and K coded M12 connector.
The picture aboved shows PEPPERL+FUCHS Vibration Sensor which use M12 4 pole A coded connector to connect to the control system, beside PEPPERL+FUCHS, the other brand like OMRON , NXP , Rockwell , Cognex , IFM , Balluf ... all will use M12 4 pole A coded connector.
M12 4 pole A coded connector had been widely used for fieldbus, such as AS-interface , FOUNDATION Fieldbus, CC-Link.
Parameters Of M12 4 pole A coded Connector
- Shell material : PA / Nickel plated brass
- Contact material : Gold plated copper
- Insulator material : PA / TPU
- Contact resistance : ≤5mΩ
- Standard : IEC 61076-2-101
- Durability : above 500 cycles
- Rated voltage : AC250V
- Rated current : 4A
- Conductor size : 0.34mm²
- Surge voltage : 2.5KV
- Lock thread : M12
- Protection : IP67
- Cable material : PVC / PUR
- Cable length : customized